Have you heard that you should only take care of the teeth you want to keep? It’s true!
That’s why at any stage of life, it’s important to practice good oral hygiene at home and to visit your general dentist regularly. Starting early is critical to success in preserving a healthy smile for a lifetime.
we have loads of information and resources for families who want to know more about good dental care and oral health. Whether you are an expectant mom, a teen dealing with braces, a grandparent, or someone in between, we have the answers for you.
Here’s how to keep your mouth and teeth healthy:
- Brush your teeth every day with a fluoride toothpaste
- Clean between your teeth every day with floss or another type of between-the-teeth cleaner
- Snack smart – limit sugary snacks
- Don’t smoke or chew tobacco
- See your dentist or oral health professional regularly
NIH: National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research